Greek Fresh Green Beans (Fasolakia)

Print Friendly and PDF


This is another easy to make Greek recipe. It's a delicious lunchtime meal, especially when accompanied by a slice of Feta cheese.

Ingredients

1 kg fresh green beans
3 medium potatoes sliced
1 large onion grated
½ kg ripe fresh tomatoes pureed
1 clove garlic chopped
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
100 ml olive oil
100 ml water
Salt and pepper


Preparation

Cur off the two ends on the beans and remove the thread(s) along the side(s) if there are any.

Gently fry the grated onion in the olive oil in a pan for 2 minutes.

Add the chopped garlic and fry for another minute.

Add the green beans and potatoes and stir for another minute.

Add the tomato puree, water and seasoning, cover the pan and simmer for 1 hour.

If the liquid hasn’t been absorbed by this time, uncover the pan and bring to the boil for a short time.

Add the parsley and boil for 2 – 3 minutes.


If you've tried this recipe please rate it!


Eat and Enjoy!

Greek Fresh Green Beans (Fasolakia) Recipe

13 comments:

walkw/me said...

New yummy recipe I learned today. Thanks for the share.

Sherry said...

delicous I wanna try!

plin said...

Looks delicious! I will try it for lunch over the weekend. Thanks for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

I'm not Greek, but I live in Greece. Few days ago I prepared Fasolakia and followed your recipe. My Greek friends were amazed; one of them even said it reminded him of his grandmother's dish. Thanks :)

symposio said...

Anonymous - a compliment indeed! Many thanks for your kind comment, I hope you continue to enjoy the recipes.

Lisa said...

I love this dish so much - it's such a delicious way to cook beans. I usually use more garlic and no potatoes but I have tried your recipe and they came out wonderfully! Thank you :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE THIS DISH! I am not Greek put my Husband is and today I made it for him using your receipe. It came out so delicious He loved it. Reminded him of Greece

symposio said...

@Jennifer Giron - We're so glad! It really is a lovely and simple dish, especially accompanied by Feta cheese.

Unknown said...

Love this dish! Just so happens that I bought some beans yesterday in order to make this dish. :-D

symposio said...

@Cindy Vasilas - Enjoy! :)

fasolakia ladera said...

I enjoy eating green beans, but this recipe it's great :)

Anonymous said...

My ex used to make this. He added dill to his and when I made it Iadded mint. So good!

Anonymous said...

bape clothing
off white jordan 1
curry shoes
jordan 4
supreme outlet
giannis shoes
supreme clothing
bapesta
bape outlet
kevin durant

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics